Jesus Calling.

I have a little devotional book called "Jesus Calling"
if you don't have it... get it.
I can't tell you how many times I've been blessed by it
like this morning for example
I woke up an hour before my alarm
and spent some quiet time with God
and here's what I read:

February 18th
I AM WITH YOU. These four words are like a safety net, protecting you
from falling into despair. Because you are humans, you will always have up and downs in your
life experience. But the promise of My presence limits how far down you can go. Sometimes
you may feel as if you are in a free fall, when people or things
you had counted on let you down. Yet as soon as you remember that I am with you, your perspective
changes radically. Instead of bemoaning your circumstances, you can look to Me for help.
You recall that not only am I with you, I am holding you by your right hand. I guide you with
My counsel, and afterward I will take you into Glory. This is exactly
the perspective you need: the reassurance of My Presence, and the glorious hope of heaven.

Powerful words.
I needed to hear that so badly this morning
If our God is for us then who could be against us?
A thing I need to be reminded of frequently.
If you didn't notice the author-- Sarah Young-- writes as if God is speaking to us, His children
It's all the more powerful that way.
I hope you have a blessed friday.

xoxo

No comments